Free Tax Preparation Assistance

United Way has provided free tax preparation assistance to local residents since 2007 through The Ohio Benefit Bank, a web-based program which can be accessed with the help of a trained tax volunteer or through a self-serve website.   Contact Us or call United Way at 740.397.5721 for details. 

The program's goal is to increase the financial stability of Knox County residents.  Millions of dollars in tax credits, such as the Earned Income Credit, go unclaimed by Knox County residents each year, resulting in a loss of free federal money for the local economy.  This is money that can then be used to purchase necessities and boost savings for low and moderate-income families.  By offering Free Tax Preparation Assistance clients also save from paying costly tax preparation fees. In tax year 2015, based on an average cost of $200, United Way staff and volunteers saved filers $110,400 in tax preparation fees.

File Your Taxes for Free:

Check out  Benefit Bank Software Limitations to see if you qualify for free tax preparation assistance.

Go to The Ohio Benefit Bank Free Self-Serve Site to file your taxes online.