Head Start Completed Winter Classes for Conscience Parenting Classes in Feberuary, 2018 with the following results:
Notes from parent post surveys:
- I love the emphasis of connections – so valuable training. I needed it!!
- I learned to be connected, truly connected, to my children for even just a few minutes each day and have seen the difference that makes in their (and my) behavior.
- I approach most situations with an attitude of teaching more than emotion. Learning + teaching happens more than yelling. Keep making the world more peaceful.
- Connection with your children is huge and will leave a lifetime mark.
- Great class. Really enjoyed. Highly recommend to couples (moms and dads)! Made my husband and I connected more
- 25 attendees completed all 6 classes for 156 units of training (1 unit = 1 person each night)
Congratulations to all who participated!
New Member at Freedom Center -
Copper is a 5 year old lab/golden mix, rescued from the Morrow County dog shelter in May 2013. He goes to work at the Freedom Center with his owner, Melissa Body, several days each week. Copper completed his Canine Good Citizen and some individual preparation training with Pawsitive Journey/Barbara Kurtz to prepare for the duties of a therapy dog He is loved by all who enter the Freedom Center and enjoys greeting clients in the waiting area and visiting co-workers in their offices (especially if they have a treat for him). Copper’s main job is to provide emotional support and comfort to those battling addiction and mental illness. He spends time with adults and adolescents providing them companionship and emotional support while they are in treatment. As part of the Strengthening Family program funded by the United Way, Copper offers support for those who are seeking help, education and guidance due to their loved one struggling with addiction heartwarming to see how Copper can help build confidence and provide a unique emotional assistance to help our clients and their families at a time that is so difficult for them. Learn more about the services provided at the Freedom Center.
Girl Scout Troops are forming now across Knox County - check out this fun poster to see how scouting can enrich your child's life as well as give back to the community!
The Knox Out Tobacco Program offered at the Knox County Health Department is reaching out to the community about the dangers of E-cigarettes through area billboards. Free nicotine patches and weeky support groups are available.